Find your best teaching opportunity


  1. E-Staff TOP
  2. FAQ


1.Do I need to speak Japanese?

Japanese language skills are preferable; however, they are not a requirement. We also recommend that all of our teachers actively attempt to communicate with students and teachers.

2.What kind of clothes should I wear at a school?

Private schools tend to request a proper and professional style of clothing. At the interviews,both men and women are asked to wear business clothing. In classes, men wear dress shirts, pants, and neckties.
Women wear business casual clothing equivalent to men’s clothing. Sleeveless shirts,clothing that exposes the navel, and skirts above the knees are strictly prohibited.

Body piercings and tattoos must always be covered.A clean-cut hairstyle is necessary. Usually for men, long hair, beards, and moustaches are not acceptable.

In most schools, you need a pair of indoor shoes (walking shoes, tennis shoes, etc.).

3.Can I enroll in Japanese Social Insurance?
This will depend on your specific work situation.

To be eligible for Japanese Social/Health Insurance as well as Employee Pension and Employment Insurance:

  • a) You must be employed for a period of 31 days or more; and
  • b) Your amount of working days per month, and working hours per day, must be more than or equal to 3/4 of the working days per month and working hours per day of regular, full-time employees.

To be eligible only for Employment Insurance:

  • a) Your regular working hours per week must be 20 hours or more; and
  • b) You must be employed for a period of 31 days or more.

Part-time workers who are likely to renew their contracts, and who have been employed for one year or more, are also eligible for Employment Insurance.

4.Can you sponsor the acquisition of a visa?

It depends on the circumstances but generally we are able to assist with this.

5.How are Dispatch and Introduction different?

Dispatch and Introduction are two different types of employment arrangements. The employers differ for each type.

Introduction: Employment agreements are entered into with the school directly (your employer).
Dispatch: Employment agreements are entered into with a dispatch agency, who will dispatch you to a school.

6.Are Dispatch and consignment of business activities the same?

Dispatch is different from the consignment of business activities.
In the case of Dispatch, the persons who supervise operations and issue instructions are the teachers at the school where you are assigned.
You will receive instructions directly from the schoolteachers, and it is possible to consult them.

7.When is payday?

Introduction: Varies according to workplace.
Dispatch: Your salary will be calculated as of the last day of the month, and paid the following month.

8.Will commutation expenses be paid?

In most cases, commuting expenses are reimbursed.

9.Please tell me about the registration system.

At Educational Network Inc., you are required to register in our human resource system when reporting job offers.
Interviews will be conducted at the time of registration, and we will ask about your experience, skills, and desired working conditions.

10.Is there a registration fee?

Registration/annual fee/job offer information is free. Also, we will not ask for any fees after the hiring decision is made.
* However, expenses incurred for employment (such as transportation costs to take a test) will be at your expense.

11.Are there any restrictions on registration?

There are no restrictions, but you must reside in Japan. Also, the job offer notification is not a 100% guarantee of employment.

12.I would like to change or delete registered information.

Please notify us of changed information or requests for deletion.
You can also notify us through the Contact Us form on our website.